Business and Finance
Web and Graphic Design
1-3 months – US$2500
Longer internships are available on request and the costs and visa requirements will vary accordingly.
Services included in the program cost
- A guaranteed placement at one of our internship partners, matching your skill set and requirements as closely as possible
- Assistance with finding accommodation
- Airport pickup
- Two-day orientation programme on arrival
- Weekly cultural or social activity *
- On-site support for your full internship period
What is not included in our program cost
- Visa costs ** (a standard visitor’s visa is required for visits of up to three months)
- Rent ***
- Personal expenses (food, transport, entertainment, travel etc)
- Daily transport to the internship site
- Traveller’s insurance
* Weekly cultural or social activities
These will usually take place on a Friday during the day and will include things like a trip to Cape Point, wine tasting, a visit to Robben Island, a hike up Table Mountain, the District 6 Museum, a local sports match, cooking local food etc. You will not need to pay anything extra for these activities and transport will be provided where necessary.
You are able to come to South Africa to complete and internship of 1-3 months on a standard visitor’s visa. If you would like to do a double internship (back to back three month periods) you will need a different type of visa. Please let us know if this is the case and we will assist with this.
Accommodation in Cape Town is in high demand, especially near the university and surrounding areas where lots of students live. We recommend that you wait until you know where the company you will be placed at is located before booking accommodation. We recommend Air BnB and Cape Stay as reliable sources. If you are particularly interested in living with other students, please send us an email with your requirements and we will assist with putting you in touch with suitable landlords.